Thursday, May 14, 2009

My mom has been taking my kids 4 days a week for 3 hours each day. It has revolutionized my life. I am eternally grateful. Even if she decided tomorrow that she was done, I would never forget the changes in myself that have come forth during this experience. Here are a few that I can think of:
1. I actually like my life.
2. I feel good about life and myself, so much so that I try to not wear pajamas when it is not appropriate.
3. I want to listen to music. I turn on the internet radio at home all the time.
4. I don't sit around watching TV all the time, trying to tune out the kids. I haven't actually watched TV in a month.
5. I look forward to my husband coming home, instead of equating it with another person vying for my attention.
6. I actually want to hang out with him instead of co-exist with him.
7. I'm actively searching for something to do with myself - something productive.
8. I've taken up gardening and landscaping the yard.
9. Even though I (remarkably) have not acquired more patience for the kids, I do enjoy them so much more.
10. I feel like myself, the me that I honestly have not felt like for the last 6 years.
Did I mention that I'm enjoying life again?
Thanks Mom!

2 comments:

The Ocean State Sayler Family Blog said...

Oh how lucky you are!
I would love for someone to watch my kids for 2 hours every 9-10 months so I could remember that I once was someone who cared about more than if you flushed and washed before you left the bathroom. So far, this has not happened. Enjoy this wonderful gift!!!
And...during your time with no kids around your feet I am sure you are going to be blogging like crazy! I can just feel this is going to happen. Right? Right!

-M said...

wow awesome lilly!