Sunday, August 17, 2008

Running Update

Today I finished off my last easy week of running. The 12 week plan that I have been following has an easy week every 4 weeks where you cut back mileage and don't do any difficult training. Today was the end of my last one, which means that I have 4 weeks until my race. The last month of training is often referred to as the 'monster month' because you're running more miles, more often each week in preparation for the race.
I'll be glad when this race is done. I feel like I'll be well prepared, but diligently following a schedule is not my cup of tea. It takes some serious discipline to stick to a running schedule, especially when it often involves waking up painfully early to run before my husband goes to work. I'm looking forward to setting my own schedule in a month, and more realistically, taking a break for a few weeks.

No comments: