Thursday, August 21, 2008

Oh, kids.

I was reading my sister's blog and remembering the good old days when my daughter used to blurt out awkward questions in public.
So, fast-forward two days, and I'm in TJMaxx with the big one and she is talking far too loudly. Several times I asked her to talk more quietly because I was right there, not across the store. I was looking through a rack of dresses when I came across a green one. My daughter exclaimed (loudly), "Hey mom, you could wear that when you go to the lumberjack party!"
"What?" I said, laughing nervously while glancing around sideways to see who was in earshot (the entire store) and motioning for her to be quiet.
"You know, the lumberjack party? When you wear your gold shiny shoes?"
Oh, good grief, I could only imagine what people were thinking.
Then it clicked.
"Oh," I said loudly and clearly, "you mean ST. PATTY'S DAY, the LEPRECHAUN party."
"Yeah, you could wear that green dress."
Thank you, child, for your suggestions.

1 comment:

-M said...

You are totally butch. ;)