Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I woke up this morning at 4:15. That's actually a good thing because it meant that the little one slept in her own bed that long. 7 hours. Of (potential) sleep. For me. Ahhh.
But, this morning I had planned on getting up at 5 to go to the gym. You see, I haven't been able to run for 2 weeks. The weather has taken a nasty turn around here so my daily walk to school and hours to run around town with the little one in the stroller are gone. I have so much tension built up that it's scary. I even bought 'Tension Tamer' herbal tea in hopes that it may calm my nerves. It didn't.
I woke up this morning with the little one and planned to stay up. Then, the big one woke up from a bad dream. I laid down with her to get her back to sleep, only to go back upstairs and see that the little one was awake again. I angrily got back into bed, assuming that my window of opportunity was quickly closing but knowing that I wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep.
Enter my dear husband who, for any who know him, is not a morning person. In fact, he is basically a zombie until 9 or 10 in the morning. (This is especially unfortunate, considering his required early mornings.) He insisted that I get out of the house, at least for a little bit. And thank the dear Lord that I did! I feel like a new girl this morning. Granted, I had an hour less sleep than I would have liked, but I feel like my well of tension is being shaken loose a bit.

1 comment:

The Ocean State Sayler Family Blog said...

kudos to Jake for kicking you out of the house!

I'm always impressed at your ability to wake up so early!