Saturday, November 14, 2009

The basement room is moving along pretty well. I'd post a picture, but I'm too embarrassed about the awful color of paint that I picked out. You see, our house was built in '66 and has certain aspects that reflect that period. So when you are redoing a basement room that previously had dark wood paneling and brown shag carpet and black-mortared brick with a useless gas log fireplace, you don't really need to go and paint it avocado green. In fact, I would say that that would be moving a step backwards. But it took me all day, after painting all of the walls to see if more avocado would be better than just a little, to decide that it was just too far in the wrong direction. Furthermore, the color I chose is just a few shades darker than the color that the concrete block under the paneling is painted. I think that it's a pretty clear sign that I should have chosen something different. So, tomorrow I am going to paint primer all over the green and go to Lowe's to find a new color.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your article which you posted in your blog, thank you very much.

greatchandeliers.com