Friday, November 6, 2009

Ok, Ok

I've been informed (by an enviable blogger) that this is some kind of blog-posting month. Like, I'm supposed to post every day. Yeah, right. Considering that I've posted about three times in the last 5 months, I'm going to try to increase that slightly. I wouldn't want anyone to go through withdrawal when I forget to post for another couple of months.
So far this month has been eventful:
We realized, during one of the many torrential downpours, that we need a new roof, pronto.
(This is the front of the house before we did our re-landscaping. I'll have to put pictures of that next spring/summer, when things are blooming.)


Water was dripping from under a window frame that is 2 feet from the edge of the roof. While it did miraculously and curiously stop in the middle of the night, for no apparent reason, and with no other signs of water-entry, it's a bit disconcerting.
(It was dripping from one of the big windows in the back of the house.)



We've decided to get a metal roof, mostly because my husband has 2 cousins that used to put up metal buildings (like Morton) and assured us that it can be done in a couple of days. Right now we are picking out a color. We have it narrowed down to the safe choice: tudor brown, the daring choice: autumn red, and the middle-of-the-road choice: brandywine. I think we're going with the brandywine.
I could keep writing about the happenings of the recent past, or I could wait, and have something to write about next time (tomorrow? next week? January?)

1 comment:

The Ocean State Sayler Family Blog said...

Holy cannoli!! I'm an "enviable blogger"? hahah!
Your house would love wonderful with a brandywine roof. Brandy and wine, what's better?