Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pack-istan

That is where we live right now. There are boxes everywhere. I've been emptying the attic the last couple of days. It sounds like a huge undertaking, and it would be if most of the stuff up there was not our landlord's. Luckily, we haven't banished too much up there. In fact, we can get rid of about half of it. The problem is that the only time I can really work on packing is when the little one is asleep and the big one is occupied so that she doesn't ask me questions the whole time. I like to work silently, alone if at all possible. That doesn't ever really happen with kids.

The in-laws are coming around in about a week and a half for the big one's Big Hawaii Birthday Bash. She's been planning it (and I mean actually planning it) since February. But anyway, the in-laws will be here and if there's one thing that they love, it is occupying my children. I may have 2 whole days of child-free organizing bliss! Plus, the greatest part, is that they're coming up for our move to help and again, hang out with the kiddos. It's great, it's really where they shine.

Our grand plans for garage sales have basically fallen through. It's so much work and for what, $40? The big one did make $8.50 last week. I told her she could have the money from anything she chooses to sell. Little did I know that she is not attached to much. She sorted out 1/2 of her toys get rid of. By the end of this, she may make more than us! But I think that we'll have one big sale on the 19th. I don't work that day, the in-laws will be here for the kids, and 2 weeks after that we move. Wow. I can't really do the garage sale thing alone, especially not if there's anything heavy to move. That's why we're going for one big one.

And that's it, for the most part. As an aside, I'm pretty excited to be moving into a temperature-controlled house. We can get a piano!

No comments: