Monday, June 29, 2009

Our first stop was the rose test garden. Acres of beautiful roses.


The sun came out for a bit between rain showers.

This was one of the first things we saw when we drove out to the coast on the first day.

I told my little sister that I was going to tell everyone that that was her nose.

This is where we discovered just how cold it was. It was freezing, and beautiful.

That isn't mist in the background, it's blowing sand that was whipping across the beach.

When we were at the beachfront hotel, these rocks were in walking distance. I was so excited to have found real starfish that I ran back to the hotel to wake up my sister. 2 hours later we got down there to take these pictures. The tide was coming back in so there was a sense of potential emergency. The ocean was very cold.

This little starfish was just chillin'.

This is the rainforest, from the car. We didn't end up getting to any good area of Washington until around 7 so we didn't try to hike.

This was a beautiful mountain lake that we passed in Washington. It helped to increase Washington's ratings. The whole thing was a stunning color of turquoise blue.

On our last couple of days, the ocean looked angry. This is my sister explaining something about something. I'm sure it was really important.

Another picture of the angry ocean. We didn't take any pictures of the delicious food we had. That's a shame because it was fantastic. We had a great trip. It was nice to be somewhere different and see such amazing, beautiful things. And my sister and I are not only still speaking, but agreed that we'd do it again next year.