Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Right now I'm sitting in a hotel lobby to type. It's about 7:45, which is what time I thought it was when I got up. Never trust the room clocks.
We are at the Northern-most point of our trip. I didn't intend to be here so soon, but we ended up driving through 1/4 of Oregon and the whole state of Washington yesterday. Washington was kind of a disappointment, to say the least. It's basically like Southern Illinois with evergreens and the occasional mountain. It's very overgrown, so even when you're right next to the ocean, there's about 50-100 yards of solid growth blocking your view. I was used to Oregon, so I was a little bitter. So I just kept driving. The second half of the drive was actually pretty nice. We came upon a beautiful mountain lake and have seen some good rainforest.
Today we have some big decisions to make. We could work our way down to Seattle, hike some mountains (my sister is pretty mobile now), and see where we end up. Or we could high tail it across the state to Montana, because honestly, it's only 9 1/2 hours away. Why not?

No comments: