Monday, April 21, 2008

Buck up and be happy, damnit.

I'm trying to be less of a downer. I've been thinking a lot about myself, my life, and all of my blessings and burdens these days. I've been thinking about the girls and what I want to instill in them as they grow up. I've been thinking about my attitudes towards life and my life situations. And this is what I've come up with:
I have more blessings than I can recall and I have about 4 real burdens that get magnified with every hour of sleep I miss. The day's attitude almost entirely revolves around my attitude. If Mom is angry, the day is bad. If Mom is happy and resilient, very little can bring the day down. In regards to the kids, I want them to see me make the best of things rather than wallow in my distress.
Maybe it's just Spring, but I'm not going to let the little things get me down. I'm going to make a real effort to be positive and do things that I love to do and love the things that I have to do.

No comments: