Saturday, June 14, 2008

I did it!

Yee HAW! Yes, I did it, I ran 9.3 miles in 1 hour and 41 minutes which is a little under 11 min. miles. I'm pretty excited. It was a great race, in fact it may be my favorite one yet. Everything went well, I didn't cry - though I almost did when I passed a spectator in the last mile that was standing in front of her house clapping for each of us as we passed saying, "You are doing so well, I am so proud of you." I didn't know her, but it was so encouraging to hear it directed right at me.

So now I have about a week off before I get to start working towards a 1/2 marathon in September!

2 comments:

-M said...

I am soooooooo jealous. It sounds awesome. Love you - GOOD JOB!!!

April said...

You are kind of my new hero now. Especially since Hilary dropped out of the race. Oh wait -- different kind of race. Well, you're still very, very cool.