Wednesday, February 13, 2008

mommy...?

I forgot to write about my second to last day of marathon single parenting. It was terrible. My husband came home and I had to confess that "the girls got to see their mom act like a 2 year old tonight." I don't really remember how it all went down but it resulted in a) me throwing down a plastic coffee pot toy that made too much noise and breaking it into many pieces b) me repeatedly picking up and throwing down an alligator xylophone trying to break it into many pieces and c) me picking up an oppossom toy by the tail and beating it against the stairs. It was not very cool. The children were safely in another room, but I'm pretty sure that the big one got a little scared. When I was done I apologized and offered to buy a new coffee pot like the one that I broke. There's a sizeable knick in the floor from the xylophone. The opposum faired well, no visible signs of the event. I think it was a good indication that I needed some mental space.

1 comment:

-M said...

HA! I have those with less broken plastic ALL the time.