Wednesday, February 13, 2008

rewards for a job well done

Yes, there was candy in the bathroom. There were two dishes, one containing Skittles, the other had M&M's. Granted, it was used as a reward for my neice who is potty training, but that didn't stop most of the adults from helping ourselves when we felt like we had accomplished great things.
Aside from the oddities of Arkansas life it was nice to be away for awhile. Really, it's just nice to come home after being away. You realize that home is not so bad. The same boring routine feels refreshingly familiar. You relish the predictability and the sense of (minor) control over your day. My mom always reminds me that it is important to get away, and every time I do I'm thankful that I did. There's nothing like the stress of traveling to make you praise the mundane life at home.

No comments: