Friday, February 8, 2008

it's just been so long...

I know. This is why I thought I may be terrible at blogging.
Right now I'm in Arkansas, home of my inlaws. We left on Sunday after the birthday party for the little one and my oldest sister's little one. Shortly after leaving we encountered a snow storm that made the first 2 hours of driving slow and tense. Luckily, I was driving. Had I not been in the driver's seat I would have been barking directions from the passenger's seat. My husband has a little more self control than I so he managed to stifle his concerns for the most part. After we got through that we were about an hour behind and we had 8 more hours to go at 6:30pm. If you do the math, that would put us at our destination about 2:30am. If you know either of us you know that we are usually fast asleep by 9:30. Needless to say we chickened out and got a hotel room at 11. I'm glad we did, there was pretty bad fog in central Arkansas and it's a lot harder to drive in fog when you're asleep. We took it easy the next day and arrived here around noon. We have managed to sit around and eat for roughly 85% of the time (the other 15% is baby wrestling and sleeping.) There are always plentiful goodies around here, there's even candy in the bathroom. There are also roaving eyes, so I've gotta go.

1 comment:

Kalin said...

Tell me more about this candy in the bathroom...