Friday, January 25, 2008

bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy fun fun fun fun fun

For my birthday my mom got me a mini-trampoline also known as a rebounder. It's a lot like the little ones that we had as kids except it's made for adults so you don't have to fear breaking through it with every bounce. I asked for one because a) my older sister had one b) I want what my sisters have c) I needed some outlet for stress because I can't run right now.
The thing is awesome. The mat is tight enough that you can get some pretty good air. It brings back that little kid glee you felt as you jumped up and down for fun, an activity that would normally bring pain and suffering these days. It's a flashback to the excitement and fear of flying as a kid, even if its about 11 inches off the mat. The only down side that I don't remember as a kid is that it has a profound effect on my internal organs, specifically the end of my digestive tract. I have to pee every few minutes and I can't seem to shake the general feeling of having to poo. Hopefully as I use it more these sensations will subside, but even if they don't, I will gladly bounce my way to high spirits.

2 comments:

April said...

Does the mat have an extra absorbent pad on the underside? Because that would be a marketable addition.

Kalin said...

I am looking forward to the day when we notice you no longer use your trampoline and ask you about it, and you get all shifty eyed and yell, "I don't want to talk about it!"