Friday, January 18, 2008

Pancakes

Of course my life in not entirely filled with sadness! There is some genuine joy sprinkled in here and there. One thing that I love is cooking. It is one activity that I enjoy almost all the time and it is one thing that I can do pretty well with my older daughter. Yesterday, we woke up before 5 and decided to make pancakes. They turned out to be the best pancakes I have made, and I make pancakes at least once a week. The recipe is as follows:

1 c. whole wheat graham flour
1 T. baking powder
1 T. brown sugar
1/4 t. salt
1 c. (scant) of milk
2 eggs (slightly beaten)
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1/3 c. unsweetened applesauce

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Add wet ingredients and stir just until blended. Don't overmix, if you do the pancakes will be tough as opposed to tender and delicious. Cook on a griddle that is well greased with butter (for the best flavor) or cooking spray (for the healthier option.) Serve with butter and real maple syrup for the best of the best results.

1 comment:

April said...

Awesome. I was going to call you and ask for this yesterday.