Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rhubarb

A few days ago my little sister and I picked rhubarb from my parent's house. When all was said and done I ended up with about 8 qts of chopped rhubarb which I cooked down with four pounds of sugar and 9 chopped up oranges. The result is what my family (and extended family and friends and random strangers that I meet) will most likely get for Christmas. I canned 13 jars last night and have enough jam for roughly 20 more. I need to hit our local thrift store to find more jars and I need to put up the shelves in our pantry/recycling room/bathroom foyer to store this stuff. The problem is that this jam is tasty, but not what I intended to make. I really want a plain rhubarb jam. So today I'm going out to harvest another load of rhubarb to try again.

1 comment:

April said...

It sounds awesome. Maybe you should give it out for Memorial Day presents.