Friday, May 9, 2008

Sleeping babies

I love sleeping children. It may be my favorite form of childhood. They're so quiet, still, peaceful, self-sufficient... all the things that they aren't when they're awake. Right now it's about 7:40. I have been awake for 2 hours. I woke up on my own, fully rested, because the little one slept all night, I repeat, ALL NIGHT in her crib, without nursing. I have not had a full night's sleep in, what, 2 years? So now I am awake and alone. (Those aren't bad things.) I have enjoyed breakfast and reading by myself and a shower by myself and now time on the computer by myself. It's going to be great when they're teenagers and sleep until noon. My heart flutters at the thought of that much free time.

1 comment:

April said...

Jealous. Jealous, jealous, jealous.